How to Choose the Best Faucets for Your Kitchen and Bathroom
Faucets are not only essential for providing water, but also for enhancing the style and functionality of your kitchen and bathroom. However, with so many options available, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are some tips to help you find the best faucets for your needs and preferences.
Consider the Mount Type
The first thing to consider is the mount type of the faucet, which refers to how it attaches to the sink or the countertop. There are three main types of mount types: single-hole, centerset, and widespread.
- Single-hole faucets have one handle and one spout that fit into a single hole on the sink or the countertop. They are easy to install and save space, but they may not be compatible with some sinks that have pre-drilled holes.
- Centerset faucets have two handles and one spout that fit into three holes on the sink or the countertop. They are common and affordable, but they may not offer enough clearance for large pots and pans.
- Widespread faucets have two handles and one spout that are separate from each other and can be installed at any distance apart on the sink or the countertop. They offer more flexibility and customization, but they are more expensive and require more installation work.
Choose the Style and Finish
The next thing to consider is the style and finish of the faucet, which refer to its design and appearance. There are many styles and finishes to choose from, depending on your personal taste and the overall theme of your kitchen or bathroom.
- Traditional faucets have a classic and elegant look that suits vintage and rustic decors. They often feature curved spouts, ornate details, and cross handles. Some popular finishes for traditional faucets are chrome, bronze, and brass.
- Modern faucets have a sleek and minimalist look that suits contemporary and industrial decors. They often feature straight spouts, geometric shapes, and single handles. Some popular finishes for modern faucets are stainless steel, matte black, and gold.
- Transitional faucets have a blend of traditional and modern elements that suits transitional and eclectic decors. They often feature curved or straight spouts, simple or ornate details, and single or dual handles. Some popular finishes for transitional faucets are brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, and chrome.
Look for Additional Features
The last thing to consider is the additional features of the faucet, which refer to its functionality and convenience. There are many features to look for, depending on your needs and preferences.
- Pull-down or pull-out sprayers have a detachable head that can be pulled down or out from the spout to reach different areas of the sink or fill large containers. They are useful for rinsing dishes, cleaning fruits and vegetables, and filling pots.
- Touchless or voice-activated faucets have a sensor or a microphone that can turn on or off the water with a wave of your hand or a voice command. They are convenient for hands-free operation, saving water, and preventing cross-contamination.
- Soap dispensers have a built-in container that can hold liquid soap and dispense it with a push of a button. They are handy for washing your hands or dishes without reaching for a separate soap bottle.
The Bottom Line
Finding the best faucets for your kitchen and bathroom can be challenging, but it can also be fun and rewarding. By considering the mount type, style, finish, and additional features of the faucet, you can narrow down your options and choose the one that suits your needs and preferences best. To help you with your search, you can check out some of the best faucet brands of 2023, such as Moen, Kohler, Delta, Grohe, Kraus, etc., as well as some of their top-rated products in different categories . Happy shopping!