How to Make the Best Buffalo Wings at Home
If you love buffalo wings, you know that they are more than just a snack. They are a way of life. Whether you enjoy them with blue cheese or ranch dressing, celery or carrot sticks, or just plain, there is something irresistible about the combination of crispy chicken, tangy sauce, and creamy dip.
But you don’t have to go to a restaurant or order takeout to enjoy buffalo wings. You can make them at home with a few simple ingredients and some tips and tricks. Here is how to make the best buffalo wings at home:
- 2 pounds of chicken wings, separated into drumettes and flats
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Celery or carrot sticks, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F and place a wire rack over a baking sheet. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden and skin is crispy, 50 to 60 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together hot sauce, honey, and butter until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss baked wings with sauce until well coated.
- Serve hot with dressing and veggies on the side.
Enjoy your homemade buffalo wings and share them with your friends and family. They are perfect for game day, parties, or any occasion that calls for some spicy and satisfying finger food.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Buffalo Wings
If you have any leftover buffalo wings, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat them, you can either use the oven or the air fryer.
To reheat in the oven, preheat it to 375Â°F and place the wings on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until hot and crisp.
To reheat in the air fryer, preheat it to 400Â°F and place the wings in a single layer in the basket. Air fry for 10 to 15 minutes, shaking occasionally, until hot and crisp.
Do not microwave the wings, as they will lose their crispiness and become soggy.
How to Make Different Variations of Buffalo Wings
If you want to spice up your buffalo wings, you can try different variations of the sauce or the coating. Here are some ideas:
- For a sweeter sauce, add some brown sugar or maple syrup to the hot sauce mixture.
- For a spicier sauce, add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the hot sauce mixture.
- For a smoky sauce, add some liquid smoke or smoked paprika to the hot sauce mixture.
- For a garlic sauce, add some minced garlic or garlic powder to the hot sauce mixture.
- For a barbecue sauce, replace the hot sauce with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- For a teriyaki sauce, replace the hot sauce with teriyaki sauce and add some sesame seeds and green onions.
- For a lemon pepper coating, season the wings with lemon pepper seasoning before baking and toss with melted butter and lemon juice after baking.
- For a parmesan garlic coating, season the wings with garlic powder and parmesan cheese before baking and toss with melted butter and more cheese after baking.
- For a honey mustard coating, season the wings with salt and pepper before baking and toss with honey mustard dressing after baking.
Experiment with different flavors and find your favorite buffalo wing variation. You can also serve them with different dips and sides to complement the taste.