buy cycle helmet
Why You Should Buy a Cycle Helmet Today
Cycling is a great way to stay fit, save money and reduce your carbon footprint. But it also comes with some risks, especially if you ride on busy roads or trails. That’s why you should always wear a cycle helmet when you hop on your bike.
A cycle helmet can protect your head from serious injuries in case of a crash or a fall. According to the World Health Organization, wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of head injury by 69% and the risk of death by 42%. A helmet can also make you more visible to other road users and prevent sunburn or rain damage to your scalp.
But not all helmets are created equal. You need to choose one that fits your head size, shape and style. You also need to consider the features, such as ventilation, padding, straps, visor and adjustability. And of course, you need to pick a helmet that suits your budget and preference.
So how do you find the best cycle helmet for you? Here are some tips to help you:
- Measure your head circumference with a tape measure and compare it with the size chart of the helmet brand you are interested in.
- Try on different helmets and adjust the straps and dial until you get a snug and comfortable fit. The helmet should not move around or slide off your head when you shake or nod.
- Look for a helmet that has good ventilation, especially if you sweat a lot or ride in hot weather. More vents mean more airflow, but also less protection.
- Check the safety standards and certifications of the helmet. Look for labels such as CPSC, EN 1078, ASTM F1447 or Snell B90/B95.
- Choose a helmet that matches your riding style and personality. You can find helmets in various colors, designs and shapes. Some even have built-in lights, speakers or cameras.
Now that you know how to buy a cycle helmet, what are you waiting for? Go online or visit your local bike shop and get yourself a new helmet today. You’ll be glad you did!
If you already have a cycle helmet, you might be wondering how to take care of it and when to replace it. Here are some tips to keep your helmet in good condition:
- Clean your helmet regularly with mild soap and water. Do not use harsh chemicals or solvents that might damage the material or the coating.
- Store your helmet in a cool and dry place. Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight, heat or moisture.
- Inspect your helmet for cracks, dents, scratches or signs of wear and tear. If you notice any damage, replace your helmet immediately.
- Replace your helmet every 3 to 5 years, or sooner if you have been involved in a crash or a drop. Even if your helmet looks fine, it might have lost its effectiveness over time.
Remember, a cycle helmet is only one part of your safety gear. You should also wear gloves, glasses, reflective clothing and lights when you ride. And always follow the traffic rules and be alert and courteous to other road users.
Cycling is a fun and healthy activity that can enrich your life. But it also comes with some risks that you can minimize by wearing a cycle helmet. So don’t hesitate to buy a cycle helmet today and enjoy your ride with peace of mind.