Gulisek daily schedule
Gulisek Construction: A Day in the Life of a Bridge and Highway Contractor
Gulisek Construction is a company that specializes in bridge, highway, and concrete paving projects in Western Pennsylvania. Founded in 1965, Gulisek has completed more than $250 million in construction services in the past five years alone. Gulisek employs about 35 full-time staff and 150 union craftworkers who work on various projects throughout the year.
So what does a typical day look like for a Gulisek employee? Here are some of the activities that they might do on a daily basis:
- Check the daily schedule. Gulisek has an online system where employees can log in using their ID number and see their assigned tasks, locations, and hours for the day . This helps them plan ahead and coordinate with their teammates and supervisors.
- Prepare the equipment and materials. Depending on the type of project, Gulisek employees might need to load trucks with tools, machinery, concrete, asphalt, steel, or other materials. They also need to inspect and maintain their equipment to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Travel to the work site. Gulisek works on various projects across Western Pennsylvania, so employees might have to drive long distances to reach their destination. They also need to follow traffic rules and regulations, especially when working on busy highways or bridges.
- Perform the construction work. This is the core of Gulisek’s business. Employees might be involved in excavation, drainage, paving, bridge building, structure rehab, or design-build projects. They need to follow the project specifications, quality standards, and safety protocols. They also need to communicate and collaborate with other workers, managers, inspectors, and clients.
- Clean up and report. At the end of the day, Gulisek employees need to clean up their work area and dispose of any waste or debris. They also need to report their progress, hours, expenses, and any issues or challenges they encountered during the day. They can use the online system or phone calls to do so .
Gulisek Construction is a company that strives to deliver quality performance and customer satisfaction on every project. By following a daily schedule and working hard as a team, Gulisek employees make a difference in building and improving the infrastructure of Western Pennsylvania.
Here are some more paragraphs for the article:
Gulisek Construction has a long history of excellence and innovation in the construction industry. The company was founded by Joseph Gulisek, a Slovak immigrant who started his own paving business in 1965. He later expanded his services to include bridge and highway construction, and passed on his legacy to his sons and grandsons. Today, Gulisek is led by President Clayton Stahl, who has more than 35 years of experience and leadership in the field.
Gulisek Construction has worked on some of the most challenging and complex projects in Western Pennsylvania. Some of their notable achievements include the reconstruction of the Liberty Bridge, the rehabilitation of the Fort Pitt Tunnel, the widening of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and the design-build of the Mon-Fayette Expressway. Gulisek has also worked on private projects for resort properties, such as Nemacolin Woodlands and Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
Gulisek Construction is committed to providing quality service and value to its clients and partners. The company has a strong safety culture and a dedicated team of professionals who are trained and certified in various aspects of construction. Gulisek also invests in the latest technology and equipment to enhance its productivity and efficiency. Gulisek is a proud member of several industry associations, such as the Associated Pennsylvania Constructors, the Constructors Association of Western Pennsylvania, and the American Concrete Pavement Association.